Sewing for Beginners
If you are looking to get into sewing, then one of the first items you may want to purchase is a sewing machine. Sewing machines can seem quite daunting, and even setting up a sewing machine can be difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it, it will be a skill that you will possess for life. Whether you are interested in embroidery, dressmaking, or any other crafting projects, a sewing machine will prove to be a valuable addition to any household.
What to Look for in a Sewing Machine
Choosing the right sewing machine for yourself can be a daunting task if you do not know where to start. If you are a beginner, you will not need to spend more than £200 for a good basic model. If you do not know where to begin, that is okay, there are a few items that you can look for to ensure that you will get the most out of your first sewing machine.
- Look for foot attachments- Buying a sewing machine with different types of foot attachments will ensure that you will be able to do a wide array of projects. For example, a specific type of foot attachment will allow you to sew a zipper into one of your projects.
- Keep an eye out for different stitches- It is important that your sewing machine has a few stitch variants to keep things interesting. You should be fine with a sewing machine as long as it has different lengths of straight stitches, several zigzag stitches, and at least one automatic buttonhole setting. You can opt for a more expensive sewing machine that has decorative stitches as well, but that is not necessary for basic projects when you are just starting out.
If you are looking for a sturdy and reliable sewing machine that is perfect for beginners, then look no further. The Singer 1507 sewing machine is perfect for experts and beginners alike, but it is an especially good machine to learn the basics on.
Singer 1507 Sewing Machine
Singer has been making sewing machines from 1851 and since then, the Singer name has been associated with sewing. Singer has been a leader in the sewing machine manufacturing business for over 150 years such that the name ‘Singer’ has become synonymous with a durable and efficient apparatus. Singer has always been a trailblazer in this corner of the market; this company introduced the world’s first zig-zag machine, the first electronic sewing machine, and even the first sewing assistant application for mobile phones. From clothing to quilting to upholstery, Singer is sure to have the sewing machine to help you along with any project you may be working on.
If you are a beginner to sewing, there is no better sewing machine than the Singer 1507. This model is an eight-stitch machine that is perfect for simple sewing projects. It has several important features including:
- Sever built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole stitch.
- Adjustable stitch length and width.
- A durable, heavy duty frame that includes built-in storage for sewing accessories; the on-board storage space can hold extra needles and bobbins when you are not using them.
- This sewing machine comes with a carry handle for easy portability and a soft dust cover to protect it when you choose to store it away.
- This sewing machine is small and light enough that it takes up very little space and can even be easily lifted and put away in a cupboard or closet when not in use.
- Clear and concise instructions that are perfect for beginners.
- Some users have complained that the needles that come with the sewing machine are brittle and break easily if you happen to be working with a heavy-duty fabric.
- Some reviewers have noted that at first it is difficult to thread, however once they got the hang of it, threading the needle became easier and easier.
The Singer 1507 sewing machine comes with several accessories including bobbins and four snap-on presser feet. With this sewing machine, there is no need for an extra screwdriver, as you can change from one presser foot to another in just a quick snap. There also is an extra-high presser foot lifter so that you can sew with multiple layers of bulky fabric with ease and efficiency.
This sewing machine sews incredibly smoothly and even when it jams, it is very easy to clear it of thread and then re-thread the needle with no problem at all. Several users have noted that even though they had never used a sewing machine before purchasing the Singer 1507, it was extremely easy to use and they were able to learn how to sew efficiently and conveniently.
The singer 1507 sewing machine is the perfect purchase for those wanting to get better at sewing or even people who have no sewing experience at all. It is simple to use and comes with clear and concise instructions that will lead you in the right direction. You cannot beat the price of this particular sewing machine, as it does much better than ones at comparable prices. When you invest in a Singer product, you can expect that it will last you for years and years to come.
- Buy any new Singer sewing machine between 15th February to 31st May 2019 and you can enter a draw to win a place at a special Sewing Class with TV personality Patrick Grant. To enter, please see description below.
- 7 built-in stitches with 4 step buttonhole
- Adjustable stitch length & width. Volts: 110 V, Frequency: 60 Hz
- Heavy duty metal frame with built-in accessory storage
- Carry handle and soft dust cover
- Singer entry level model