Heavy Duty Sewing Machines
Basic sewing machines are fine for the casual hobbyist, but what if you are sewing with heavier fabrics like leather or denim? If you plan on using heavy fabrics or getting into a craft like quilting, then perhaps it is time to invest in a heavy duty sewing machine. With the purchase of the correct heavy duty sewing machine, you can test your skills on chairs, couches, curtains, and even leather upholstery projects. Looking for the right sewing machine for you and your needs can be a daunting task however. There are several factors that you need to keep in mind while making this important decision.
What to Look for in a Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- Durability- One of the most important aspects of any heavy duty sewing machine is that they must be stable, heavy, and well made. You should avoid purchase of any sewing machine that is lightweight and portable, as it is probably not engineered to sew through several layers of thick fabrics.
- Power- It is important to purchase a powerful sewing machine if you are looking forward to focusing on heavy duty projects. Motor strength is an incredibly important feature.
- Stitch quality- Mistakes on heavy fabrics like denim or leather are hard to hide, so it is vital that your heavy duty sewing machine produces stitches that are very high quality. Make sure you can have fine control over thread tension when searching for your perfect sewing machine.
The Singer 4432 heavy duty sewing machine meets all of these requirements, so keep reading to find out more about this remarkable bit of machinery.
Singer 4432 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
If you are looking for a properly durable sewing machine, then the Singer 4432 heavy duty sewing machine is a sound investment for all of your project needs. Whether you are into quilting, dressmaking, embroidery, or at home DIY, Singer sewing machines have always been a reliable pick for sewers all over the world. Since 1851, Singer has been considered one of the world’s most trusted and famous brands of sewing machine manufacturers.
The Singer 4432 heavy duty sewing machine is a mechanical sewing machine that includes 32 built in stitches to ensure that you will always have something new to try with all of your projects. Since the body is built with a durable metal frame, you can be sure that it is engineered to last you for years and years to come. The heavy and durable frame ensures that the machine rarely bumps or skips while you are sewing. It also reduces vibrations.The body of this sewing machine is an understated yet classic grey, so you do not have to worry about it standing out or clashing with your decor wherever you choose to put it in your home.
This particular sewing machine comes with three different needle positions in addition to adjustable stitching lengths and widths. It also has a helpful automatic needle threading feature that saves you lots of time. The powerful motor that this machine has is 60 percent stronger than motors on comparable machines, which gives it a much greater fabric piercing power. This machine can also sew up to a maximum speed of 1100 stitches per minute, which means that you can get all of your projects finished more quickly and efficiently than ever before.
With purchase of this sewing machine, you also get a host of useful sewing accessories that will aid you in all of your creative endeavors. These accessories include:
- Four presser feet (an all purpoes foot, a zipper foot, a buttonhole foot, and a button sewing foot)
- A seam ripper, and lint brush
- A helpful quilting guide and instruction manual
- A screw driver
- An auxiliary spool pin and spool pin felt
- A soft dust cover
- Users have noted that the customer service that comes provided with the purchase of any Singer sewing machine is extremely professional and helpful. The user’s manual is also very easy to read and understand.
- The Singer 4432 heavy duty sewing machine is extremely affordable for such a fantastic sewing machine of its caliber.
- Some inexperienced customers have complained that it is difficult to control this machine since the motor is so powerful. This machine is really only for experienced sewers!
- Since this machine has a metal frame and large powerful motor, it is heavy. You do not want to purchase this sewing machine if you are planning on bringing it to sewing classes.
Purchase of the Singer 4432 sewing machine comes with a 25 year warranty that covers the sewing machine head, as well as a five year warranty of the motors, wiring, illuminating light, switches, speed control, and additional electrical components of the machine.
The Singer 4432 heavy duty sewing machine is solid and reliable; you can be sure that you will be using it for all of your heavy duty projects for years and years to come. The experienced sewer is sure to love this machine!