High Quality Sewing Machines
If you are an advanced sewer, perhaps it is time to invest in a high quality sewing machine. If you have outgrown your basic beginner sewing machine and are wanting to try some more elaborate and complicated techniques, then purchasing a high quality sewing machine may be a good move. Before you pull the trigger and buy your new sewing machine, however, there are a few things you must consider.
What to Consider When Buying a High Quality Sewing Machine
If you are going to invest a large chunk of money into a sewing machine, then there are several items to think about before going ahead and doing so.
- What about the warranty?– First off, make sure that purchase of your new sewing machine does in fact come with a warranty. Ask the seller what exactly the warranty covers and what it excludes. If possible, go ahead and try the sewing machine out in person with a variety of fabrics to make sure that the stitch quality is up to snuff.
- Which needle should you use?– Make sure that you are using the right needle with the correct fabric type whenever you are starting to sew. Also, it is imperative that you use a sharp needle; be sure to change your needle in between projects or whenever you are changing to a new type of fabric.
- What about repair policies?– You want your new sewing machine to last you for a long while. Ask the seller if they offer in-store services. Ask about who exactly does the repairs on the sewing machine, the turnaround time, and how much basic repairs will cost.
Janome 230DC Sewing Machine
Janome has been manufacturing quality, highly engineered sewing machines since 1936 in Japan. Janome is the number one sewing machine manufacturer in the world and today, they export products to over 100 countries all over the world. Janome started to trade in the UK starting in 1968, and ever since, the company has been a leader and trailblazer in the industry.
If you are looking for a reliable computerized sewing machine, look no further than the Janome 230DC sewing machine. This particular model has 30 stitches to choose from including a one-step buttonhole. Janome has put a lot of thought and high-end engineering to ensure a high degree of ease of use. This particular sewing machine utilizes a simple touch button operation for stitch selection and stitch width and length adjustment are extremely simple to accomplish. The large LDC screen displays all of the necessary information that you need for your projects, including stitch type, length, and width.
The Janome 230DC weights a measly 5.8kg, which makes is easy to carry around and even store away when you are not using it. Despite being so light, this sewing machine is incredibly sturdy and is constructed from high quality metal, so it will last you for years and years to come.
If controlling sewing speed is especially important to you, then the Janome 230DC sewing machine has you covered. At top speed, the Janome 230DC runs at 850 stitches per minute. Of course, you can control the speed with the foot pedal, but if you do not like using the foot pedal, you can use the slider control on the machine itself to change the sewing speed. All you have to do is flick the slider to the left to slow the speed down or flick it to the right to speed it up.
The Janome 230DC has a magnetic, top-loading bobbin that it extremely convenient, especially compared to front-loading bobbin systems. It also includes an automatic bobbin winder which will save you even more time. This, coupled with the automatic needle threader, will get you finishing your projects quickly and efficiently.
There are numerous accessories that come with purchase of the Janome 230DC sewing machine including an extension table, lint brush, hard dust cover, seam ripper, screwdriver, spool caps, spool base, spool pins, and several needles and bobbins.VIEW PRICE HERE!
Several presser feet come with purchase of this machine, which gives you incredible versatility with all of you projects. These presser feet include:
- A standard/all purpose foot
- A ribbon/sequin foot
- A zipper foot
- A satin stitch foot
- An overedge foot
- A blind hem stitch foot
- An automatic buttonhole foot
- This sewing machine comes with a free arm, which is essential if you plan on sewing tubular pieces of garments like collars, sleeves, cuffs, or trouser legs.
- The Janome 230DC sewing machine is lightweight and easy to carry, which is perfect if you are planning to take it to and from sewing classes. Despite being super portable, this machine can still handle thick fabrics like canvas and leather.
- Purchase of this sewing machine comes with a two year warranty.
- This particular model is a bit on the expensive side of things, which is definitely something to consider before buying it. If this sewing machine does fit into your budget, however, you will not regret your purchase.
This middle priced sewing machine offers a convenient and easy sewing experience. The Janome 230DC is incredibly user friendly and can be used by beginners and experts alike. Whether you are into dressmaking, embroidery, or quilting, this model can do it all. The up/down needle feature is great for working with heavy fabrics like leather, as well. The flat arm, bed extension, and feed dogs make this sewing machine a great purchase.