Why Invest in a Sewing Machine
If you have grown interested in sewing, then perhaps it is time for you to invest in a sewing machine. Whether you are a beginner or a complete expert, a sewing machine is a great appliance to have around the house. Sewing is an amazing hobby that can allow you to express your creativity in a special way. Before you pull the trigger and invest in a sewing machine, however, it is important to consider a few items first.
What to Look for in a Sewing Machine
Here are a few questions to ask yourself before buying your sewing machine:
- Who will be using the sewing machine?– Will you be using the sewing machine yourself mostly or will other people in your household be using it too? Are the individuals that are using the sewing machine beginners or experts? These are key questions to ask yourself when looking at the different machines’ stitch selection and accessories.
- What projects will you use the sewing machine for?– Consider what you will be using the sewing machine for. Different sewing machines are suited to different projects.
- How often will the sewing machine be used?– If you plan to use the sewing machine daily, then make sure that you get one that is built to last. Keep an eye out for sewing machines with metal bodies and not plastic ones if this is the case.
After you consider these few questions, then you will be better prepared to purchase your first sewing machine!
Bernina 330 Sewing Machine
Bernina is a big name in sewing machines, and with good reason. Bernina has been manufacturing Swiss-engineered sewing machines for over 120 years and strives to push the limits of quality and durability. Bernina is always on the cutting-edge of the technology that is used in both making sewing machines and the sewing machines themselves. That is why the Bernina 330 sewing machine is such an excellent choice when it comes to computerized sewing machines.
The Bernina 330 sewing machine is a high quality that includes 97 stitches, including an alphabet. All of these stitch selections means that you will never run out of options when trying to make your projects a little bit extra special. These stitches includes 15 utility stitches, one buttonhole stitch, 23 decorative stitches, and three quilting stitches. This sewing machine also has a big, clear LCD screen which allows you to easily access the stitch options. The stitch length and width are also adjustable, with a maximum length of 5.0mm and a maximum width of 5.5mm. The stitch quality that this machine achieves is near perfect.
This particular sewing machine can reach a maximum speed of 900 stitches per minute, which is extremely speedy so that you can finish up your projects quickly and efficiently. There is also a foot pedal included with which you can control your sewing speed. This sewing machine also has a slider on the front of the machine to control the speed. This sewing machine also includes a stop and start button that allows you to sew without using the foot pedal, if that is what you prefer.
The Bernina 330 sewing machine comes with several soles that can easily snap on and off of the body of the sewing machine itself. These include an all purpose sole, an overlock sole, a zipper sole, a blind hem sole, and a buttonhole sole. The needle plate that comes with this machine is clearly marked with both millimeters and inches, so you can measure the area you are working on with whatever units you want. It also includes diagonal markings that are especially important if you want to start quilting.
One unique addition to this sewing machine is that it has a computerized memory that can contain up to 30 stitch combinations. You can include both decorative and alphabet stitches in the memory system, which is a super helpful add-on feature. If there are certain stitch combinations that you tend to use a lot while working on your projects, this comes in handy big time!
The Bernina 330 sewing machine also comes with a host of accessories that include:
- A height compensator tool- this is a life saver when you are working with bulky materials!
- Several bobbins
- A seam ripper.
- There are some optional extras that you can get with the Bernina 330 sewing machine including the Free Hand System. This is basically a bar that attaches to the front of the sewing machine that lets you lift and drop the presser foot using your knee so that you can keep both of your hands on whatever project you are working on.
- The programmable memory and number of decorative stitches means that this sewing machine is great if you are interested in embroidery.
- This sewing machine is not equipped to handle heavy fabrics like leather, fur, or canvas.
- It is not recommended to use this machine to sew through several layers of fabric at once.
- Some users have complained that this sewing machine is a bit noisy.
The Bernina 330 sewing machine is a very user friendly sewing machine that is great for beginners and experts alike. Whether you are completely new at sewing or been sewing for years, the Bernina 330 is a reliable machine that well serve you well for years to come.
- Bernina 330 Fashion Limited Edition is a special edition of our shopping edition. Compared to the normal Bernina 330, you have a hands free system = knee lever as well.
- Stitch selection: push buttons, 10 direct buttons – display: LCD, monochrome, black background.
- Sewing light: LED.
- Upper thread tension: manual.
- Grip system: CB.