Singer 1507 Sewing Machine Review 2019 – 2020
In this post we’ll be discussing and reviewing the Singer 1507 sewing machine , a classically designed, simple white sewing machine, manufactured by Singer. We’ve asked our team member, Jan, who is an experience user of sewing machines having worked with them on a personal as well as industrial scale; to also say a few words about this product. Read on to learn more.VIEW PRICE HERE!
- Beginner-friendly: The Singer 1507 is designed for beginners who are practising and starting off with basic, simple sewing projects. You can make pillow cases, throws, simple garments etc.
- Easy Storage: There is a handy carry-along handle attached to this sewing machine (it is quite lightweight for the quality of materials used!) as well as a soft cover for dust-protection and shield from scratches.
- Electrical/Computerised: This is great because some users prefer electrical machines over manual ones for a number of reasons, one being it reduces joint pressure for those with limited mobility.
- Value for Money: With the purchase of this affordable sewing machine, you get eight built-in stitches including 1 four-step buttonhole. There are many excellent adjustable stitch types, and they can be alternated between by the simple turn of a dial. You can complete a vast range of sewing, embroidery and craft projects.
- Free Arm with Board Accessory Storage: There is a removable free arm which delivers easier access to cuff sleeves and collars. The accessories included are also within easy reach.
- Simple Stitch Selection: Singer have provided utmost simplicity and ease of changing between the adjustable stitch types; compared to the traditional chart button layout, this product features a handy dial. All stitches are clearly visible and easily accessible.
- Adjustable: Singer have really gone to town in making this product as feature rich as possible without bombarding it’s target audience, beginners, with unnecessary and complicated functions. The stitch length and width is adjustable with this sewing machine, making it great for beginners who progress in their sewing talents more. You can easily keep your seams strong while ensuring that you prevent bunching on any and all fabric types. The maximum zig-zag stitch width is 5mm, allowing you to create a bolder, more statement decorative look.
- Durable: Heavy duty metal frame with built-in accessory storage. The Singer model 1507 is a entry level model that is easy to use and durable. It comes with a powerful motor and heavy duty frame that allows you to tackle most sewing projects. The rigid interior support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing.
- Extra-Protection: Carry handle and soft dust cover
- Ease of Use: The threading system of the Singer 1507 is quick and easy, making it ideal for beginners. The pressure feet included with this purchase are easily changeable, simple by a snap-on and snap-off mechanism. This removes the need for screwdrivers, but Singer have included one anyway! The carry-along handle makes this machine even easier to transport, great for textiles and design students, along with a soft dust cover. In addition, there is an extra-high presser foot lifter which delivers enhanced clearance when bunching or layering multiple fabric layers.
- Front Loading Bobbin
What’s Included (accessories, spare parts, extras):
With the purchase of this sewing machine, you get the following included accessories and parts:
- 4 Foot Types (general purpose foot/ standard, foot: zipper, foot: button sewing, foot: buttonhole; four-step buttonhole)
- 1 Seam Ripper / brush
- 3 Spare bobbins
- 1 Darning Plate
- 2 spool caps (one large, one small)
- 1 screwdriver
- A needle pack
- A seam guide
- A soft dust cover
- A handy Instruction Manual and Lead
Model Number: 1507
Item Dimensions: 36cm x 22cm x 43cm
Item Weight: 7.26kg
Shipping Weight: 7.3kg
This machine was available to buy on offer alongside a competition draw on the Amazon store earlier this year, so stay tuned and keep looking, there may be more.
- No needle Threader: For beginners, the fact that there’s no aid in needle threading can be difficult to handle. It is quite easy to follow however, check out our guide on threading sewing machine needles or hit it into youtube for a visual explanation.
- Less Stitch Types than other Models: In comparison to other sewing machine models, this one only has 8 stitch types in comparison to some others, which can have up to 25 or maybe even more. This makes it ideal for beginners, but less for experienced users who complete complicated projects.
The Final Verdict
We asked our sewing machine pro, Jan, to say a few words about this model too. Jan has worked with various companies, both small and grand scale- her experience and expertise lies with both home sewing machines and industrial ones.
“At a glance, this machine personally attracts me quite a lot. I like simple machines, and while I appreciate the vibrant pops of colour which other models try and implement, simple is always charming. This is something I would love to have in my studio. It will give my sewing room a really crisp, professional image – and that’s what I’m all about. I like the value for this product, I just wish there was a wider range of stitch types to choose from. My rating for this machine would be an 8.5/10.”
Based on our Singer 1507 review, we score this sewing machine a solid:
Appearance: 7.5 / 10
Functionality: 8 / 10
Value for Money: 9 / 10
- Buy any new Singer sewing machine between 15th February to 31st May 2019 and you can enter a draw to win a place at a special Sewing Class with TV personality Patrick Grant. To enter, please see description below.
- 7 built-in stitches with 4 step buttonhole
- Adjustable stitch length & width. Volts: 110 V, Frequency: 60 Hz
- Heavy duty metal frame with built-in accessory storage
- Carry handle and soft dust cover
- Singer entry level model