Why Buy a Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
If you are looking to buy a sewing machine, then there are several things you need to consider in order to make a good decision. If you plan on sewing with a lot of tough fabrics like denim or leather, then perhaps you will want to invest in a heavy duty sewing machine. Heavy duty sewing machines are less geared toward embroidery or dressmaking, and more toward projects that require heavier fabrics. It is especially important to invest in a heavy duty sewing machine if you are interested in quilting.
What to Look for in a Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Before you decide to buy your first heavy duty sewing machine, there are some items to think about. Of course, it is important to ponder what projects you will be using this sewing machine for, but there are also other questions to ask yourself.
- How experienced in sewing are you?- Consider who will be using the sewing machine; if you are an experienced or even a professional, you can afford to get a more complicated machine with more added features. If you are fairly new to the craft, then perhaps you will want to get something more simple.
- Is time an issue?- If you are looking to get projects done quickly and efficiently, then there are a number of features you can look for in a sewing machine that will save you a lot of time. If this is important to you, look for machines with additions like needle threaders or automatic tension settings.
Singer 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
If you are looking for a reliable heavy duty sewing machine, then look no further than the Singer 4411. The Singer corporation has been responsible for leading the field in sewing machine manufacturing since 1851. Singer has been a trailblazer in the sewing machine business for over 100 years; the company has had many firsts, including the first zig-zag machine, the first electronic sewing machine, and the first sewing assistant application for mobile devices. If you choose to invest in a Singer, you will have a sewing machine for years and years to come.
The Singer 4411 Heavy Duty sewing machine is an extremely strong machine that is able to sew leather, denim, and a wide array of other heavy duty fabrics. If you are looking for a little bit of extra power, a little bit of boost with your sewing projects, then you have come to the right place. No only does this sewing machine have an extra strong motor, but is can sew up to 1100 stitches per minute and exhibits extremely high value for the small amount of money you will spend. Comparable machines from Bernina, Husqvarna, and Janome are much more expensive, so the Singer 4411 Heavy Duty sewing machine is a great purchase, especially if you happen to be on a budget.
This particular sewing machine has a 105 watt motor, which is much more powerful than other machine motors of similar prices. Because of its powerful motor, the Singer 4411 is able to sew through not just one, but several layers of tough fabric. Also, because of this heavy duty motor, this machine is less likely to overheat compared to others, which means you can keep sewing for longer. In addition to this powerful electric motor, this heavy duty sewing machine also includes the following features:
- A setting for a four-step buttonhole (which is a must on any sewing machine)
- A drop-in bobbin
- A free arm (for sewing tubular sections of garments like cuffs, collars, and trouser hems)
- One reviewer has said that the stitching is “tight and steady,” which is a rare feature to find with heavy duty garments.
- The learning curve on this machine is not steep at all; it is great for people who sew at all skill levels.
- There are only 11 built-in stitches that come with this heavy duty sewing machine, so there is not much variety if you are looking forward to decorative stitching.
- Some reviewers have complained that the drop-feed mechanism on this particular sewing machine is a bit fiddly, but once you master it, is it quite easy to use.
The metal frame of the Singer 4411 Heavy Duty sewing machine ensures its durability; the rigid support holds all of the available mechanisms in a perfect alignment so that you can continue sewing for years and years to come. Included with this machine is a bright LED light that illuminates the area around the needle so that you can always see what you are doing. In addition to this, this heavy duty machine also comes with several feet including an all purpose foot, a buttonhole foot, a zipper foot, and a button-sewing foot. Having a foot for every occasion means that you will not have to purchase extra accessories and you will be ready to conquer any project that you want to tackle.
The Singer 411 is a mighty yet reliable heavy duty sewing machine that will serve you well for a long while.
- 11 stitch patterns with 4-step buttonhole and 3 needle positions, Long lasting LED lighting provides bright illumination and stays cool to the touch
- Easy to use drop in bobbin, drop feed for free hand embroidery and darning
- Adjustable stitch lenth and width, adjustable preser foot pressure and extra high lift
- Built in accessory storage, 4 presser feet, guide, needles, bobbins, seam ripper and dust cover included
- Heavy duty metal frame with stainless steel bed-plate, high speed sewing 1100 stitches per minute
- Customer technical support and troubleshooting available Monday - Friday 9am to 4pm on 02920792079 or email SewingSupport@bogod.com or email@example.com