Why Invest in an Overlocker Sewing Machine
An overlocker allows you to tidy up messy or fraying seams by joining two or more pieces of fabric together. Using an overlocker sewing maching gives you a neat and reliable hem that results in a very professional looking finish in a quick and efficient fashion. Whether you are into dressmaking, embroidery, or quilting, an overlocker sewing machine will be a great investment. Be aware, however, that overlocker sewing machines are not for beginners, but should only be used by experienced sewers.
Before you go ahead an invest in an overlocker sewing machine, you should consider which stitches you definitely want to be able to do. There are a few that you should think about before you buy your sewing machine. These include:
- Flatlocking- This is a technique that is usually used in order to join separate layers of fabric edge to edge to create a narrow seam that lays nice and flat. This technique is perfect if you do not want to end up with a bulky seam.
- Narrow hem- This type of hem uses three threads to create a discrete finish to the edge of a garment.
- Rolled hem- This hem is another three thread one in which the edge of the fabric is rolled under itself before hemming.
- Coverstitch- This is a wide hem that is typically seen on a tshirt or sweatpants.
Considering which hem types you absolutely need for your sewing projects is an important step that you must take before pulling the trigger and buying your own overlocker sewing machine.VIEW PRICE HERE!
Janome 9833DX Overlocker Sewing Machine
Janome is one of the leaders in the sewing machine manufacturing industry for a reason. This company has been active since the 1930s and ever since, this Japanese manufacturer has been a trailblazer. Janome extended its reach to the UK in the 1960s and ever since, it has been a favorite in the country. As of today, more than 2 million Janome sewing machines have been sold in the UK alone.
If you are looking for an overlocker sewing machine on a budget, then the Janome 9833DX could just be perfect for you. One great feature that is included with this sewing machine is that you can adjust its functionality to better suit whatever fabric you happen to be working with. This includes a differential feed with a range that it adjustable from 0.05mm to 2.25mm. The cutting width that can be reset whenever you need from 2.0mm to 5.7mm. These features give you enough versatility to customize your projects however you see fit.
Threading the needles is one of the hardest parts of using an overlocker sewing machine. Luckily, the Janome 9300DX overlocker sewing machine makes use of an exceptional ‘lay-in’ threading feature to make things more simple for yourself. The color-coded thread guides take you through the process step by step every time. Simply push your thread into this handy guide and through the loop, then follow the threading path. If you need to re-thread the machine, all you have to do is lift the presser foot and the threads will be released. In addition to this easy threading method, the sewing machine comes threaded in the package so that you can see how it is meant to look starting off.
This overlocker sewing machine includes a blade that you can use to cut off excess fabric while you work on your projects. The knife is removable so that you can use this feature or not use it whenever you want.
The Janome 9300DX comes with several additional accessories that are a great added bonus with the purchase of this sewing machine. These accessories include:
- A standard foot and gathering attachment
- An instructional DVD and instruction booklet
- One pack of several ball point needles
- One large screwdriver and one small screwdriver
- One pair of tweezers
- This sewing machine is very quiet and does not shake or vibrate when you are using it.
- This overlocker sewing machine is sturdy, durable, and lightweight, so it will stand the test of time but also is easily portable.
- Since the sewing machine does not have an LED screen, it is difficult to see what settings you have activated on the off chance that you are working on a poorly lit area.
- Some customers have complained that since the body of this sewing machine is made of plastic instead of metal, the design and look of this overlocker sewing machine is not that attractive.
The Janome 9300DX overlocker sewing machine stitches beautifully and ensure that all of your hems come out looking flawless. Whether you are gathering sleeves or finishing off a cuff, you will always be pleased with how well this overlocker sewing machine works. The Janome 9300DX overlocker sewing machine will serve you and your crafting projects for years and years to come.
- 3 Or 4 Thread Overlocking
- Easy Rolled Hem Conversion
- Differential Feed Ratio 0.5 - 2.2
- Lay In Thread Tension Dials
- Instructional DVD included