Why Invest in a Sewing Machine
Whether you sew professionally or you sew every now and then for personal crafting and other projects, it is extremely useful to have your own sewing machine in your home. Whether you are an expert or a beginner, there is a sewing machine out there that is able to fit all of your needs.
What to Look for in a Sewing Machine
Researching which sewing machine to buy can get very overwhelming very quickly, so it is important to point out for yourself a few key features that are important to you. This way, you can narrow down your choices and get on with sewing, which is what you really want to do in the end anyway.
Perhaps the most important question you should be asking yourself is: Who will be using the sewing machine? If you will be the only one using it, then you can get exactly what you want. If your whole family will be using it, however, then it is important to consider what they will be using it for and what their skill levels are. Once you know the skill levels of the people using the sewing machine, you can better determine your budget, make, size, stitch options, and attachments. Some sewing machine attachments that you may want to look out for are the following:
- Presser feet- a large selection of these can make a big difference depending on which projects you will be working on.
- Buttonhole foot, blind hem foot, zipper foot- all of these specific attachments are important if you plan on sewing mostly clothing.
- Different width feet- these attachments are needed for basic sewing projects because they allow you to switch between allowance widths and the zigzag stitch.
- Embroidery feet- these feet are especially important if you are wanting to do embroidery projects like quilting.
We have selected a great sewing machine that will serve your entire family well, beginners and experts alike. Keep reading to learn more about the Janome Sewist 725S and to order yours today.
Janome Sewist 725S
Janome is a Japanese company that produces high-quality sewing machines in Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand. The company was established in the early twentieth century and began selling in the USA and abroad in the 1950s. Being the first company to develop a computerized sewing machine for at-home use, Janome has always been a pioneering force in the sewing machine industry. You can trust their products to be durable and well-made to last you for years and years to come.
The Janome Sewist 725S is a simply designed machine but also includes features that even the most experienced sewer will find useful.You may recognize it because it was the sewing machine used in the BBC hit show The Great British Sewing Bee. Dressmakers and quilters alike will love using this machine. With 24 different stitch types, you will never run out of patterns to sew. The Janome Sewist 725S is a very reliable machine that comes with the following features:
- One-step buttonhole
- Automatic needle threader
- Convertible freearm for circular sewing
- Adjustable foot pressure
- Automatic bobbin winder
- This sewing machine is light and compact; weighing in at only 6.7kg, it is easy to move around. Store it away with ease when it is not in use!
- There are 24 stitches to choose from, including 16 decorative ones and one one-step automatic buttonhole (which is a great time-saving addition).
- The Janome 525S is not a heavy duty machine, but you can still use it on soft leathers and denims.
Many users have noticed that the Janome 525S is much more quit than most comparable machines, which means that there is no annoying clunking or excessive vibrations, even at the highest settings. The presser feet can be charged easily because this sewing machine uses standard clip-on feet. You can even adjust the foot pressure settings using the foot pressure dial. This is especially useful when working with fine and fragile fabrics and even when you are bunching fabrics together.
This sewing machine ticks along at a speedy 830 stitches per minute, which allows you to finish up your projects in an efficient and timely manner. It also includes a drop feed facility that is great for freehand embroidery and free motion quilting. This machine is easy enough to use that beginners will be able to learn how to sew on it, but it has enough features to keep even the most seasoned seamstress entertained. It is great for all ages and skill-levels, which makes it a great investment not only for yourself, but for your entire household as well.
The Janome Sewist 725 is a great sewing machine that will service crafters and professionals of every skill level, which makes it a great household appliance that you will have for years to come. It is both simple to use and can be utilized for more difficult projects. This versatile sewing machine will make a perfect addition to any household craftroom!
- Mechanical Sewing Machine
- 25 Built In Stitches inc 1 step buttonhole
- Horizontal Full Rotary Hook
- Top Loading - Category B
- Free Arm / Flat Bed Covertible