Sewing Like a Pro
If you are looking to sew like a pro, then you probably will want to invest a rather large chunk of change into your next sewing machine. After all, a sewing machine is an investment, and whether you want to use it for dressmaking, quilting, or professionally, it is important that it will last you a lifetime. Although sewing machines are ancient inventions, they are designed to last. There is a reason that we still rely on sewing machines today. Whether you use your sewing machine for hobbies or for your job, it is important to have the right machinery for whatever project you may be working on.
What to Look For in a Professional Sewing Machine
There are several factors to consider when looking to buy a professional sewing machine, so it is vital that you ask yourself a few key questions before you pull the trigger. Think about the following:
- Which features are important to you?- Nowadays, sewing machines are becoming more and more high-tech and manufacturers are adding new features every year. Consider which features are must-haves, and which ones you can live without. Some of these nifty add-ons include automatic buttonholers, feed-dog adjustment, and top-load bobbins.
- What will you use your sewing machine for?- If you plan to use your sewing machine for specific projects, try to pick something with features that will fit that type of project. For example, if you plan on doing a lot of embroidery, there are special machines that allow your to do monogramming on fabrics like garments, quilts, and pillowcases.
Now that you have thought more critically about how you will use your new sewing machine and which features are most important to you, it is time to invest in a piece of machinery that will have a place in your home for many many years to come.
Bernina 1008S Sewing Machine
Bernina has been manufacturing sewing machines for over 120 years with Swiss-engineering and quality precision. Bernina sewing machines are perhaps best known for their durability; buying a Bernina sewing machine will guarantee that it will be in your family for years and perhaps even generations.
The Bernina 1008S sewing machine is simple, yes, but it is also durable and beautiful in that simplicity. This sewing machine allows you to choose from 17 different stitch types, including buttonhole and other elaborate decorative ones. The simplicity of this machine makes it easy for anyone to use; a trained professional can whip up an impressive project while you teach your grandchildren how to sew for the very first time. This sewing machine is versatile and truly works for all ages.
The Bernina 1008S Sewing machine also comes with these additional features:
- An LCD display provides the user with an overview or important information, including presser foot, stitch width, and stitch length.
- A personal memory system that the user (or users) can tailor to their liking; selected stitches that have been manually altered can be saved to the machine itself.
- A slim free-arm allows for easy sewing of small, children’s clothing and even cylindrical items like sleeves, cuffs, collars, and trousers.
- This machine is small but mighty; the Bernina 1008S is compact but when it is in use, it works just as well as any comparable heavy-duty sewing machine
- This particular sewing machine does the basics to near-perfection. It can handle doing any stitch you can think of.
- The body of the Bernina 1008S is made of metal instead of plastic, which only adds to the quality and durability one can expect from Bernina engineering.
- Since the quality and durability of this sewing machine are both so high, the machine itself is quite heavy. It is 9.8kg, which is weighty compared to its small size.
- This sewing machine is quite expensive, but you will probably not have to buy another sewing machine for you or your famly every again.
The sewing experience when using this machine is incredibly smooth and fast. In fact, the Bernina 1008S can sew 1000 stitches per minute. This sewing machine also features a feed-dog drop feature that comes in handy when sewing outlines, appliques, or seams.
The free-motion functionality of the Bernina 1008S also allows you to exhibit full control when sewing, which lets you get as creative as you want with your designs. The feed-dog can be deactivated and reactivated very quickly with the turn of the control dial, so you can freestyle and return to automatic mode with just the click of a button.
You really cannot go wrong with investing in a Bernina product, whatever that product may be. Bernina have been known as the leaders in the sewing machine manufacturing business for over a century, so you can be sure that you are investing in a quality and sound product. Though it runs a bit on the expensive side, the Bernina 1008S will be a great investment for you and your family, no matter what sewing projects you have in mind.
- Swiss design
- 7 Year warranty
- Metal construction
- Heavy duty
- A favorite with schools and colleges